Saturday, May 12, 2012

"Oh, it's so You!"


Easter and taxes and birthdays, oh my!  These are just a few of the things that required my attention in April.  It's been a whirlwind!  But I did manage to get a few things painted, too.  A lovely friend sought my help in creating a custom table for her beach house that would work with her new color scheme.  We decided to layer a Provence teal with a Napoleonic Blue.  The result is this beautiful beachy blue that looks wind swept and sun bleached.  Ah, makes me long for the rhythmic sound of the ocean and a tall, cold Pina Colada!  Oh, but I digress!


I also started on my daughter's bedroom furniture.  This is an American of Martinsville end table, circa the 1960s, that belonged to my grandmother.  We decided to paint it in two tones to play up it's clean lines and mid-century modern design features.  We used Paris Grey and Old White to get this quiet, subtle contrast.  We also added new hardware.  She loves it and it looks great in her room!  Just one end table, and one dresser to go, but you get the idea!



Customizing your existing furniture can be a very affordable, easy way to update your home to reflect your current style and tastes.  Not to mention saving yourself hours of shopping!   It's fun to create your own "one of a kind" custom piece of furniture.  If you would like to recreate one of your tired, outdated pieces, contact me and we can work together to design a custom look just for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment